Privacy and Data Protection Policy
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
2.1. Basic Terms and Principles
Categories of personal information that Vin.Doctor collects includes without limitation:
- identifying information such as your name, email address, and zipcode;
- buying and other transaction information;
- other information you provide to Vin.Doctor through your use of Vin.Doctor’s Services; and
- other information Vin.Doctor is required or authorized by applicable law to collect to identify you or verify other information collected.
Vin.Doctor collects your personal information to:
- provide you with access to and use of Vin.Doctor’s Services,
- operate, improve, and personalize Vin.Doctor’s Services,
- contact you regarding your use of the Services,
- provide you with customer service and support,
- to detect, prevent, and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
Similar to most modern sites, Vin.Doctor automatically collects certain personal information from you and your devices (including mobile devices) and stores it in log files.
Categories of personal information that Vin.Doctor collects in this manner include without limitation: (a) internet protocol (IP) addresses, (b) browser type, (c) internet service provider (ISP), (d) referring/exit pages, (e) operating system, (f) date/time stamp.
Our third-party partners employ clear gifs, images, tags, and scripts that help them better manage content on Vin.Doctor’s Website. Vin.Doctor ties the information gathered by these third-party partners to your personal information.
2.3. Links to Other Sites
Vin.Doctor’s Website may contain hyperlinks to other 3rd party websites that are not owned or controlled by Vin.Doctor. Please be aware that Vin.Doctor is not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party websites. Vin.Doctor encourages you to be aware when you leave Vin.Doctor’s Website and to read the privacy policies of each and every third-party website that collects and/or uses your personal information.
2.4. Privacy of the Financial Information
After you place an order on our website you will need to make payment for services you have ordered. In order to process your payment we use Stripe (www.stripe.com), a third party payment processor.
We do not store your credit card information! Online form embedded in our website will send your credit card information directly to Stripe, who collect, use and process your information, including payment information, in accordance with their privacy policies.
3. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Vin.Doctor does not share your personal information with third-parties or nonaffiliated entities except in the following cases:
- when Vin.Doctor has your permission or pursuant to your request;
- to state, federal, or other regulatory and/or administrative agencies as part of the title or ownership transfer process;
- in response to court orders or other legal, administrative, regulatory, arbitration or similar process;
- to establish or exercise Vin.Doctor’s, or an affiliate of Vin.Doctor’s, rights or defend against claims; or
- if Vin.Doctor believes that doing so is required or is in Vin.Doctor’s best interest to protect its rights or the rights of others affiliated with Vin.Doctor.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION DATA STORAGE
Vin.Doctor will retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant to provide you with Vin.Doctor’s Services.
5. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Vin.Doctor takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Vin.Doctor uses Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of personal information, such as financial and other sensitive information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browser windows during SSL transactions that involve credit cards and other forms of payment. The personal information you provide will be stored securely on Vin.Doctor’s servers. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, Vin.Doctor cannot guarantee its absolute security. If Vin.Doctor learns of a security systems breach, Vin.Doctor may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
By using Vin.Doctor’s Services or otherwise providing personal information to Vin.Doctor, you agree that Vin.Doctor can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of Vin.Doctor’s Services. Vin.Doctor may also post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. Vin.Doctor may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify Vin.Doctor at info@Vin.Doctor.
When registering on Website, you provide Vin.Doctor the right to send you the newsletter or other promotional emails. If you no longer wish to receive Vin.Doctor’s newsletter and other promotional communications, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each communication or by sending a request to email@example.com.
Vin.Doctor reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to Vin.Doctor’s Services, including without limitation notifications, service announcements, and administrative messages. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If an opt-out option is available, you may opt-out by following the instructions included in each communication.